map

Thursday, December 24, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is Jesus

What am I feeling this year about Christmas? Not sure...

It's been a calm season. We did not go overboard on decorations, presents, shopping, whatever else is involved. All of that is fun, but not important. The kids of course have been wanting to open presents, but that's being a kid, and that is okay. As long as they keep in mind other people.

I guess that is what has been on my mind this year: other people. We drove around the other night to look at decorated houses and drove through downtown to get towards the eastern side of town. I pointed out to the kids the homeless people walking around and reminded the kids to pray for them.

Yesterday we made some treats to package up and give to all of the people who work with Evan and Lauren every Sunday at church. We don't make the kids spend money on buying each other or other people presents, but I did make them be a part of helping with the treats in order to remember that money doesn't have to be the thing to bring people a little bit of happiness and tell them thanks for all that you do.

Roger asked me the other day what I want for Christmas--why I don't know because we don't exchange gifts. We always buy one big thing for the house usually. Today I'm wishing my present to be my family focusing on nothing but Jesus, but without me having to remind them to do this. At the same time, this should be a constant everyday thing, not just at Christmas. It's such a hard job to do this though, but my mission as a mother this coming year will be to try to do this even more so than I have already tried.

In the meantime, I'm trying to just revel in the joy and peace I find in Jesus my Savior, and trying to enjoy all that goes along with that (the secular things) even though to me personally all of that is not important.

All I want for Christmas is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment