map

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What Will This Week Bring?

We had a terrific weekend! I took the kids to Pure Entertainment on Saturday where they played with Lauren's dance teacher's daughter and I got to chat with the mom. Then, two friends from church spent Saturday night with us--a 4 year old girl and a 9 year old boy, so the kids had a blast. Then Sunday was so relaxing.

Yesterday, though, or rather last night, I was looking at a blogsite and my laptop got infected with a virus. Roger was not able to stop it. However, he seems to think he can probably get all of my picture files off of there, otherwise, I will have so many pictures lost. (I am typing this blog post on the desktop computer). He so hates PCs. He got a Mac laptop a while back and never wants to go back to PCs, so our next computer will probably be a Mac. I, of course being computer illiterate, don't care what we get--I trust Roger's computer expertise.

This morning I woke up about 6:30 to some scuffling noises. I thought it was something outside my bedroom window. Then it sounded like it was coming from the hallway. I turned my light on and realized something was caught in our sticky spider trap by our bedroom door. I thought, "Oh, no! We've caught a mouse in it!" But then, I saw the little tail and fur of our hamster Snowflake! Somehow she had escaped her cage, found her way to our room and gotten stuck in the trap. If you've ever used these traps before, they are so very, very sticky. I could not simply pull her off the trap so I had to cut a little bit of her fur and kind of pry her off of the trap. Still not sure how she escaped her cage. Roger and I had both heard her playing in her cage before he went to work. The only thing I could find is one of the wires on her wire cage was a little bit widened and I guess she squeezed through it. Anyway she is doing okay.

Sheesh! What else will this week bring to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment