map

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

I LOVE Easter! I always have since I was a kid. I think that I almost like it more than Christmas, but that's difficult to know for sure. It helps that Easter is in my favorite season spring; I love the smells in the air, the breezes blowing, the grass, trees, and flowers growing. I love the baby animals, coloring eggs, and all of the pastel colors. I love how on Good Friday I am overcome with emotion as to what Jesus did for me by dieing on the cross, and then I love to really celebrate the fact on Sunday that He rose again!!

This year Evangel had another successful Easter egg hunt. The kids loved the petting zoo with the baby rabbits, chicks, ducks, pony, and goats. Roger helped direct parking. We colored eggs Saturday night, and then the kids hunted for them in the school room Sunday morning. Then we had a great morning at church and had lunch with gma and gpa Rockwell. Then they came over to our house for a little while and watched us do some yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment