Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our Week

A week ago yesterday my Hubby left for Italy! He had to go for work to attend a conference. He got to tour on foot by himself for a couple of days on his own in Rome, and then then take a train to a town close to Venice where he met up with a group of about 30 guys from the different world plants that belong to his company. I am so proud of him for venturing out on his own! I am not sure I would have had the guts to do that. While he was gone, the kids and I really didn't get to talk to him much due to his schedule, our schedule, and the 7 hour time difference. So, we heard all about his sightseeing once he got back home on Friday. He got to see the massive Roman Colosseum, had a 5 hour dinner in a winery, and ate at a castle. I heard next year he gets to go Brazil!

Here on the home front, we had a quiet week. We had our last day of homeschooling co-op on Monday, and then I thought we had scouts that night, but thankfully we skyped with dad before that time and he told us there was no scouts that night, so it was nice to stay home. Tuesday would have been soccer practice, but we decided not to go, which ended up okay because it rained anyways. Wednesday we decided to not go to our Y PE class because I wanted to work on painting the bathroom, and then after we decided that we got a phone call from the Y telling us class had been cancelled, so that worked out for our benefit. Wednesday afternoon we left to go do some shopping before church but then I noticed Evan was hot and not feeling well, so we came home and he had a fever. Thursday I ran into town by myself for a few minutes (yes, the kids are capable of staying home by themselves for a short period of time; they've done it before) and almost got into a car crash as someone tried to cross the street in my path as I was traveling 50 mph. They slammed on their brakes and stopped in the middle of the street as they realized they weren't going to make it, and I had to slam on my brakes and steer off the road to avoid hitting them, but I kept the van out of the ditch and am so thankful there were no other cars behind me that would have rear ended me. I thank God for keeping me safe because it's kind of scary thinking how dangerous it could have been especially when my kids were home by themselves. Friday we stayed home from activities due to Evan's sickness until we had to pick up dad at the airport in the afternoon. Yesterday, we did not go to the soccer game because Evan was still running a high fever--we're talking between 102-103 degrees. Roger took him to the doctor where he got some cough and sinus meds while I took Lauren to a birthday party and then she and I did some shopping. Today I stayed home with Evan while Roger and Lauren went to church. After they returned home, we all took it easy, but did get some house cleaning done. I am happy to report that Evan's fever has been lower--between 100 and 101, he is eating a little more, and had more playful energy. I am hoping he wakes up tomorrow with no fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment