map

Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's All About the Tickets

Another gorgeous 60 degree weather on December 30th, and how do we spend it? Three hours at Chuck E Cheese's. I wanted to take the kids there before the year ended because we only go about twice a year--plenty enough for us parents. The last time was back in May.

We got there at 1:10 and they were busy, but not too busy where we couldn't find a table. I think they were just understaffed. Roger and Evan stood in line for 20 minutes just to get our pizza ordered and then it took almost an hour to get our food. But, we had our tokens so we started playing the games and that made the time pass quicker. After eating we still had plenty of time to play more games. When the kids ran out of their tokens, they wanted to look around for any tokens that may have fallen on the floor, or any tickets left in games that people forgot, and they found several! Everybody except me hit some jackpots on games which means at least 50 tickets spitting out at once. Boy, did I try really hard. I mean, that's why you go to Chuck E Cheese, right? To get as many tickets as possible in order to trade them in for a bunch of small trinket toys (or let's just call it what it really is--junk). We totaled up 860 tickets allowing the kids to each spend 430.

This outing showed me one more sign that my little girl is not my little girl anymore. She played 3 games in the little kids section of the restaurant and got bored, so she spent all of the rest of the time in the big kids section. I'm not sad, though, because all of us playing in the big kid section is so much more fun. Otherwise, it was Roger and I switching off who would take her to the little kid section while the other one had fun in the big kid section. Yes, even mom and dad had fun today, but, we're not in a big hurry to do it again soon. Twice a year is good enough for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment