Friday, October 5, 2012

"Mom, I Hate Being Sick!"

Oh boy! Something is going around making people sick. Evan woke me up at 2:00 in the morning Tuesday to tell me he threw up. His bedroom is in the basement and he sleeps on the top of a bunk bed that has a futon underneath. Thank goodness he woke up in time and felt this was going to happen and he made it down from his bunk to his bathroom in time to get most of the junk into the toilet. I was awoken by his flashlight shining in my face. I got out of bed, set up the couch upstairs for him to sleep on for the rest of the night, and got him a trashcan just in case. Then, bless his heart, he told me that he hadn't quite gotten all of the yuck into his toilet, but I could clean it up in the morning. He was just trying to make things easy on me, and I thanked him for that but told him I needed to go clean it up now. After I did that, I went back to bed, and heard him run to the bathroom. Yep, number two. We went back to bed again, and yep, not long after that, third time. Finally, things calmed down until a couple of hours later, but by this time it was just dry heaves because there was nothing left in his stomach. About 8:30 that morning some more dry heaves. He didn't eat or drink anything all day. Around noon I made him go to his room and take a nap. I told Lauren to go upstairs and watch some movies so I could take a nap on the couch downstairs. Evan's was 4 hours long and mine was 3. When Evan woke up, wow he looked and acted like a whole new kid. You could tell he had some energy back. When he woke up Thursday morning, he was 100% normal again.

Last night at 2:30, Lauren woke me up telling me she had just thrown up in her bed! Oh my goodness, talk about a MESS. I stripped her bed and dumped what I could into the toilet then threw everything into the washing machine. She told me that she had gotten some in her hair, but had tried to wash it out before she woke me up, bless her heart. I smelled her hair and whoa--we needed some shampoo. So, we stood at the sink and washed the area of her hair that needed it. Then I set her up on the couch with a trash can, and guess what--number 2 of throwing up. We got her settled down again and she said she could still smell everything. I sniffed around and discovered it was still her hair, though faintly this time. I went and grabbed the baking soda and we headed back to the sink and used that and shampoo to clean her hair again. That did the trick. She was able to sleep until 8:00 but then was experiencing dry heaves. Obviously she was not going to be able to go to the painting class, writing class, and field trip we were taking with Evan's school today, so a call to Roger to ask if he could do that stuff with Evan. Evan had to miss the painting class but Roger was able to get off work in time to go with him to his writing class and field trip. I had to drive Evan up to the school to meet up with Roger and on the way back home, Lauren's body was trying to throw up again, even though there was nothing in her stomach. We got back home, and I discovered I had forgotten to bring something up to the school that Roger needed to give the teacher, so back in the car Lauren and I climb. I had brought along some crackers and told her she could only have 2 to eat. After dropping off our thing at the school, the car dings telling me I need gas. We go do that and on the way home, Lauren's stomach decided to reject the 2 crackers she had eaten. Don't worry, we had brought along something for all that yuck to go into. Right now she is cuddled up watching a movie before I make her go take a nap. I am hoping that she wakes up tomorrow morning feeling 100% again.

It's been a couple of long nights for the kids and I this week. Now, I'm just praying that Roger and I don't get this yuck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for all that sickness. Hope everyone is doing better.