map

Friday, January 11, 2013

Honk, Honk

I love that we have a huge pond/small lake in our backyard! We enjoy watching all of the different kinds of birds land and swim around. However, I don't enjoy it when the dozens of geese decide to talk to each other in the wee hours of the night before the sun has even come up. Luckily, I have been able to roll over and ignore it all and go back to sleep. Last week, an owl even woke me up at 3 am with his hooting, but again, I was able to go back to sleep quickly. But, I love it and wouldn't give it up for anything. Here are a few pics of the different birds we've seen the past few days (you might want to click on the pics to get a closer look)...
Blue heron I think
Hard to see but this is some kind of crane/stork.
Some kind of seagull

No comments:

Post a Comment