map

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sprinter Weather

No, I'm not talking about a runner, but the combination of spring/winter weather we've been experiencing here in Kansas. People native to this state are sick of it and it makes me laugh. For a couple of years now, we've had really mild, warm winters and record breaking hot summers and everybody's complained of our drought and how we need moisture. We finally get some, albeit in late winter/early spring months, and people are now complaining that we're not experiencing a spring season. I so disagree. We've had a wonderful spring, with just a couple of minor, minor bouts of winter thrown in. I've missed sweater weather we have not had the past couple of years. We've gone straight from mild winter to summer temps with no in between. Spring is my favorite season and I'm reveling in this one. I'm also glad that I make it a rule to not plant any flowers until the end of April/beginning of May, just in case we still get snow/freezing temps like we did yesterday and a couple of weeks ago that might ruin my plants. Yes, in KS on April 23rd, we received 0.2 inches of snow. This was a record for a measurable amount of snow this late in April. Plus, we had a record low this morning of 25 degrees. But, in true KS spring fashion, we will be in the 70s this weekend. I love it!

Dusting of snow on the deck, table, and trampoline


April 10th we had icy rain fall and here are some pics from that:

No comments:

Post a Comment