map

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gymnastics

Lauren's last gymnastics class was this week. She's just grown tired of it and wants to start karate with dad. I hadn't gotten any pics of her all of these months except on the first day in September, I think, when she was awarded a ribbon for perfect backward rolls.

Now, 6 months later and she has improved so much in so many things. She was once scared to even kick her legs up into the air to attempt a handstand, or even climb onto the balance beam. Now, it's like she has no fear. For her last day they only did tricks on the floor, so I don't have any pics of her on the vaults, uneven bars, or balance beam. I hate it when I forget to take pics! :( Anyways, enjoy the following pics and the really short videos.

Here she is putting her nose to her knees and then to the floor. Looks painful to me, but maybe that's because I have NEVER been flexible like this. In the fourth pic, notice that she can grab her toes without bending her knees, and if you look really close you will see she is lifting her toes off of the mat. I have never been able to touch my toes without bending my knees. Her flexibility amazes me!!

The following pic will be a little more difficult to see since she is blocked by another little girl, but can you see her back leg? She is trying to do a split. Ow, ow, ow!

 





1 comment:

  1. Brylee and I loved the videos!
    Lauren you are amazing!!!
    Brylee wants to be just like you someday.
    She is practicing her cartwheels right now.

    ReplyDelete